Administrative Tribunals

In Ontario, paralegals can provide legal advice and representation at agencies, boards, commissions and tribunals. They were created by the government to make decisions about certain rights and privileges, for instance, whether someone is entitled to social benefits, to a driver’s licence, or to compensation for a human rights violation. AVB Paralegal Services are authorized to act as your legal representative in all Administrative bodies, including but not limited to:

  • Ontario Human Rights Tribunals
  • Landlord and Tenant Board
  • Ontario Social Benefits Tribunals
  • Canada Pension Plan Appeals
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeal Tribunals (WSIAT)
  • Municipal Property Assessment Corporation and Assessment Review Board (MPAC)
  • Municipal planning boards and licensing tribunals (Business licensing, re-zoning, building permits)